adsl internet connection problem with 2 network cards

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:26:52 UTC 2005

There should be no problem with two or for that matter more cards in your
box. Ensure that both are listed under network device control.
You may delete only xDSL entries in  network device control, eth0 and eth1
anyway you will have to have.

After that See the ADSL modem's documentation for setup (or google it).
'adsl-setup' from pppoe clint of Linux may not give u results, as at least
for me.
Most likely your adsl modem will have web-based configuration interface. So
go as it requires you to.

Good Luck and ask more, if required, with specific details of adsl modem.

On 12/2/05, yufan <iamyufan at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 12/2/05, gary <garys at mtaonline.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 14:19 +0800, yufan wrote:
> > > buddies,
> > > my box has 2 network cards.one of them is connected to a external adsl
> > > modem.i just installed fedora in this new com and now i am trying to
> > > connect to internet through the adsl and use the other card to share
> > > this connection with my another com.however,i cannot surf even after i
> > > configure the PPPoe and activate the connection.what's goes wrong or
> > > could someone just tell me how to figure this thing out?thanks in
> > > advance.
> > > yufan
> >
> > Have no idea how you'll deal with two cards - but if you need to setup
> > adsl - to be safe first open network device control and remove (delete)
> > all devices you've previously created - Then open a terminal and run
> > adsl-setup -  perhaps one card will be eth0 - the other eth1 ?
> >
> > --
>

> thx.but i've figured this out myself.what i've done is to set the ip
> address of the 2 cards manually.
> ps:i meed 2 cards because i want to share my internet connection with my
> sister.i have only one internet port in my house.
>

> --

Anil Kumar Shrama