Printing

CodeHeads ch at code-heads.com
Sat Dec 3 19:08:27 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Got a problem:
I had a networked printer from linux to linux working. The print server
is running FC4 and the laptop was running FC4 also. I redid the laptop
to FC2. and now I am getting errors of "Unable to get printer status
Client-error-forbidden".

What is the path supposed to be for CUPS on the FC2 machine? I have
tried the following:
Server=IP	Path=/var/spool/lpo
Server=IP	Path=/dev/usb/lp0
Server=IP	Path=/var/spool/cups

The printer is a HP OfficeJet 5500 series.  What I cannot understand is
I had it working when both machines where running FC4.  Could this be a
problem or is it permissions. Yes, the printer is shared. :)

Thanks,
~WILL~