Problem with double-layer dvd+r on fc3 ... rest of info

William W. Austin waustin at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 4 05:25:37 UTC 2005

Apologies for following up on my own posting but I left out some
details that might be relevant.

This is in reference to the "new" problem of suddenly being unable to
write double-layer dvd+r disks on my burner (single-layer work fine,
and it writes them fine under windoze).

a) the script basically does:
	growisofs -overburn -dvd-compat -Z /dev/hdc=(image file)

b) K3b fails with the same notice that there are only 4173824 blocks
free on the disk, but there are (more than that ~5M) blocks to be
written.

c) If I boot to my previous kernel (2.6.12-1.1378_FC3), I get further
but get the error message:

:-[ SEND DVD+R DOUBLE LAYER RECORDING INFORMATION failed with \
	SK=5h/ASC=26h/ACQ=00h]: Input/output error

(above line is manually broken at backslash)

d) The drive is a SONY DVD RW DRU-720A, and it writes 7+GB dl dvd+r's
fine under windoze.

Sorry for leaving out the detals in my first post...

Thanks
william w. austin                               waustin at speakeasy.net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."