Problem with double-layer dvd+r on fc3 ...

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Sun Dec 4 14:27:45 UTC 2005

William W. Austin wrote:
> However, today I went to do the same thing again (using the same script
> calling growisofs) that I used before, but now the program spits the
> dvd+r blank out telling me that I want to put, say 6.5 GB on a drive
> that only holds 4.whatever.

How do you call growisofs?

Do you generate an iso image before burning, or do you
do it in one step?

If you do it in one step, does the error message come
from growisofs or from mkisofs?

Maybe you're trying to make an iso image where the
individual files are too big, e.g. bigger than 2G.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk