How to autologin as a superuser

THUFIR HAWAT hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 05:20:49 UTC 2005

On 7/11/05, Neil Dugan <fedora at butterflystitches.com.au> wrote:
..
> Another option is to setup 'sudo' command to allow a particular
> user to do everything.  Then you can use 'sudo xxx' to run 'xxx'
> as the superuser.  It is a bit more secure than, login as root.
..

I'm not clear on how sudo works.  Rather than typing "su -" followed
by root's password, can I set it up so that I just type "sudo" and
then I *am* root until I exit?  Or, must each and every command be of
the form "sudo foo"?  I prefer the former, but is it insecure?  Can I
have an icon in gnome to click to open the root terminal, perhaps open
nautilus as root?

Thanks,

Thufir