Automatic email relay agent?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Dec 5 17:37:35 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 05.12.2005 schrieb Hongwei Li um 15:55:

> > I feared that would be the case.
> > I would move anti-virus testing from clients to the mail server - at
> > least for outgoing mail and especially for those roaming users. Let them
> > switch off outbound mail checking by Norton Antivirus and on your
> > Sendmail mail server install clamav-milter to let it check for virus'.
> > Another good idea is to kick and ban such horrible software like OE.
> > There are much better 'free' alternates like Thunderbird.
> >
> > Alexander

> Thanks for all of your help and suggestion!  My linux server has clamav
> installed and it works well.  However, some users still prefer their local
> antivirus agent.  Probably, that is the case and what I can do.
>
> Hongwei

As said several times before in this thread: users don't have to fully
disable or even uninstall Norton Antivirus to be able to send mail using
OE over a TLS encrypted connection. Make them just to switch off
outbound mail virus testing.
Either you make them understand or they just will have a problem.

Alexander

Serendipity 18:32:32 up 23:09, 16 users, 0.19, 0.18, 0.17