With Fedora Core 4 ---- how to access CD during post installation

jing han jing_han_66 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 18:53:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm experiencing a big problem on accessing CD during
post installation with Fedora Core 4.

I have a custom kickstart file, ks.cfg, I listed part
of it here:

The first part is installing Fedora Core 4, the second
part after %post is
my custom post installation script:

#Generated by Kickstart Configurator
#platform=x86, AMD64, or Intel EM64T

#System  language
lang en_US
#Language modules to install
langsupport zh_CN en_CA fr_CA --default=en_US
#System keyboard
keyboard us
#System mouse
mouse
#Sytem timezone
timezone America/New_York
#Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $1$7Ib1jQg6$hY./MIJpsiZxYqY/p5kxW/
#Reboot after installation
reboot
#Use text mode install
text
#Install OS instead of upgrade
install
#Use CDROM installation media
cdrom
#System bootloader configuration
bootloader --location=mbr --password=rfvijn
--driveorder=sda --append="rhgb quiet"
#Clear the Master Boot Record
zerombr yes
#Partition clearing information
clearpart --all --initlabel
#Disk partitioning information
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 250
part swap --size 512
part / --fstype ext3 --size 1 --grow --ondisk=sda
#System authorization infomation
auth  --useshadow  --enablemd5
#Firewall configuration
firewall --enabled --http
#SELinux configuration
selinux --disabled
#XWindows configuration information
xconfig --depth=32 --resolution=640x480
--defaultdesktop=GNOME --startxonboot
#Package install information
%packages
@ everything

%post

#copy over installation information from CD to hard
drive
mkdir /tmp/one

mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /tmp/one >/dev/null 2>&1

  cp -f /tmp/one/myCustom.tgz /tmp
  umount /tmp/one

rmdir /tmp/one

####

I found "mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /tmp/one >/dev/null
2>&1" doesn't work for me, which means I cannot copy
myCustom.tgz to hard drive.

After installation, the computer reboot. I open a
console, issue "mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /tmp/one
>/dev/null 2>&1" as a command line command, I found it
works. the CD is mounted to /tmp/one directory and
myCustom.tgz is copied to /tmp directory.

I don't know why during installation, it doesn't work,
but after reboot, it works.

I use RedHat 9.0 before,
"mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /tmp/one >/dev/null 2>&1"
works for both post installation and after computer
reboot.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

jing