Wireless rt2500 on dual AMD64

Edward S. Marshall esm at logic.net
Mon Dec 5 13:28:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 08:46 -0700, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Thank you.  Do I grab the rt2500 or the rt2x00??

The rt2500 driver is the "original" from the code drop that the group
started working on. The new world of these drivers is the rt2x00, but be
very aware of the limitations of this set of drivers; they're constantly
being updated, and most folks have at least a few issues with them. The
rt2x00 drivers, however, are the most likely set to actually work for
your configuration. ;-)

If you're able to handle a high rate of change, they're fine, but if
this is a production system...well, maybe you'd be happier with prism54
or a similarly upstream-incorporated chipset? ;-)

I can't help you with the ndiswrapper stuff, sorry; never touched the
stuff.

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm at logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/