Question of retrieving data from a mirrored drive.

Michael E. Duffy cosgrach at tsoft.com
Tue Dec 6 04:30:54 UTC 2005

> Dmesg should show something like this if you had a raid1:
> md: raid1 personality registered as nr 3
> md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
> md: autorun ...
> md: considering hdc1 ...
> md:  adding hdc1 ...
> md: created md0
> md: bind<hdc1>
> md: running: <hdc1>
> raid1: raid set md0 active with 1 out of 2 mirrors
> md: ... autorun DONE.

Well, it did not, sorry to say...

> If you built it with disk druid it's pretty easy to get raid0
> accidentally since that's the drop-down default and you have
> to change it for raid1.

I did not originally build it, so I don't know.  I did specify Raid1
though.  I guess that did not happen.

> And if you omit the -t ext2?

It told me to specify the file system type...

Anyway, thanks for the help.  I downloaded a utility that was able to
read the disk and with that I am able to recover a good part of what was
lost.  :)

I owe you a pint for your troubles.

Cheers!

Michael