Subnets problem

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Tue Dec 6 14:05:46 UTC 2005

Hi

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 13:58, Tony wrote:
> Either arpwatch or ethereal running on a FC box which can see all network
> traffic generated by your problem box may give you some big hints - try to
> use a network hub (rather than a switch) to plug them together so you
> really see all traffic. There may be some obvious traffic generated as the
> problem box powers up.

Thanks for that.

I only have a router available to test cause the switch doesn't have a free
port and those are all mission critical.

So can I just connect the problem box to a spare box and run ethereal or
arpwatch on it? I mean usually can you connect two boxes to each other
without a hub or switch or router?  Just by using a cat-5 cable?

With kind regards

Andy

--
Currently not listening to amaroK