HP 870 Cse + HPIJS 2.14 Printer Driver does not support two-sided print

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 6 19:10:02 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 12:17, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>>You can script anything you want in a queue, but
>>>there is no relationship between the queue and your
>>>terminal.  What should happen if someone else sends
>>>a job while you have the flipped stack in the printer?
>>
>>Thre isn't anyone else to do that.
>

> Consider it a theoretical question then.  What should a
> multiuser queuing system do when certain things have to
> be done between certain jobs?   I haven't played with

IMO, this is best handled by the system *before* it hits
the queue. I've used systems which had what one might call
meta-queues. One queued output to a meta-queue, and the system
picked which printer to use, and would inform the user
where to get the output. Then the job would get queued to the
actual print queue. With this type of setup, one could
queue to the meta-queue, which would then, after submitting
the print, put a logical lock on the actual queue until
all the print job was complete.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.