Apani Contivity client cvc_linux-rh-gcc3-3.3 fails to build with 2.6.14-1.1644_FC4 kernel.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 19:49:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:43:47PM -0600, Stephen Hess wrote:

 > I did check with Apani Customer Support and received the following
 > response...
 >
 > Stephen,
 >
 > There were changes starting in the 2.6.13 kernel that caused the Client to
 > no longer work.  For Fedora Core 4, we recommend using the 2.6.11 kernel
 > that was provided with the original release.
 >
 > Sincerely,
 > Janet
 >
 > $95 for the client and 1 year maintenance....  yeah, right...

The joys of relying on binary modules.
I'm overwhelmed by the sense of irony by someone working for a company
selling a security related product recommending use of a kernel with
known security bugs.

 > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cluebat Apani.  As their driver isn't easily downloadable, you're
pretty much stuck until either they fix it, or someone in a similar
situation to yourself fixes it. If you're lucky it will be just
a few struct member name changes, but if you're unlucky, you're
entirely at the whim of Apani.

		Dave