127.0.0.1 loopback line in hosts diappears after every reboot

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 03:51:45 UTC 2005

So what is going on??  I lost cups and had a few other weird networking
hangups after a new install of FC4 on a dual 64 bit box.

I tracked the troubles down to the 127.0.0.1 loopback line in the /etc/hosts
was missing, so I put one in...

After a reboot the 127... line was gone again.  ---  So I put it back.
After a reboot it's gone again.

Any help much appreciated.  This is on a production box and I can't always
to be there in case a system drops off during a power failure or something
to always add it back in...

Thanks,  Jim