Problem booting after Yum update of FC4

Tony Foster Tony_Foster at surewest.net
Thu Dec 8 17:21:04 UTC 2005

I tend to agree that more then a couple of minutes would be abusive.
I was not planning on trying that test model.
I can understand some value in pointing out that this could be abusive and
easily traced back to the sender. So for others viewing this string the
discussion was necessary.
Bottom line if you are using others equipment to trouble shoot your problems
make sure you have agreement/permission.

Status of the original problem
I reinstalled the FC4 core system on a clean disk AGAIN.
I instaalled the desktop environment instead of the server environment and
ran a find immediately. The issue with find and the /proc directory tree was
present.

I updated the system with Yum and in this case it booted fine.
Kernel id 2.6.11-1.1644SMP
So I reran find and now I get the error in the /sys directory tree so I
still do not have a kernel that is robust.
Does anyone have a kernel ID that is known to resolve this issue.
I can run find from / as long as I exclude the /sys directory tree.

Tony Foster

Cell  916 300 7701
Tony_Foster at surewest.net

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is virtually indistinguishable from
magic."
(Arthur C. Clarke)