question about ASUS motherboard

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Fri Dec 9 11:17:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 08:53 +0100, François Patte wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I'd like to know if the motherboard: ASUS P5WD2 Premium is supported by
> FC4. I have a Intel pentium D 830 on it.
>
> I tried to boot FC4, but:
>
> 1- I got only the "text" and no fedora logo
>
> 2- When I press "Enter", the kernel begins to load but the process stops
> in a few seconds and I come back to the ASUS splash screen.
>
> Thanks for any help (maybe quick: I have only a little time to change
> things...)

François:
Try entering a little gibberish (like jdfjfhf) from the prompt and
hitting enter.  You will get an error about kernel jdfjfhf not found.
Then hit enter again and it may run.

If it doesn't, look at this page:

and try some of the options listed.  It's been found that often starting
the install with "linux nofb" often works but you may have to try other
options.

Otherwise without knowing more about your hardware and what the error
messages you may be seeing before the process stops (apparent reboot??)
it is difficult for the community to assist.