KDE & kaffeine

Sergey mafia_rgd at mail.ru
Fri Dec 9 14:33:50 UTC 2005

If you have kaffeine installed, you may have noticed that it fails to open
files from konqueror when called by hand. For example, find any video file,
right click on it, select "open with", other program. In the window appeared,
select kaffeine and press ok. Error message: KDEinit can not execute
file: ...

I wanted to play a .3gp file with it, and the file type was not on the list. I
selected to open it with kaffeine and it failed...

Doing the same things but selecting another application works.

Why is that?