VOB to a playable DVD

john bray jmblin at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 02:57:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 11:00 -0600, J. K. Cliburn wrote:

> > > Have you tried dvdauthor directly? I think most, if not all of the above are
> > > just GUI frontends. You'll need to manually create the XML for dvdauthor as
> > > well as the menu(s), if you want them.
> > >
> > > Is there a setting in Kaffeine that's looping the video? Though you can make a
> > > DVD set up to just continually loop.
> >
> > Thanks, Patrick. Actually, I am not wanting to insert menus, but, even
> > so, I am not able to create the XML file for dvdauthor. (Too
> > complicated to me!) Kaffeine is not set to continuously loop.
>
> I'm just starting out on the long quest to author some DVDs using
> video I shot with a Sony DVDcam. My problem is, I slog through a howto
> or a magazine article (Linux Journal has some recent articles on the
> topic), then sit back and scratch my head wondering where the hell to
> start. I want to do some very basic stuff, but I can't seem to get out
> of the starting blocks. Nothing I'm running across is intuitive; it's
> like The Gimp in motion.  I guess it's just gonna take me some time to
> become acclimated to the lexicon of DVD creation.  I'll keep
> digging...
>
> Until then, I'm keenly interested in responses to Paul's request,
> because I'd like to do the very same thing he wants.
>
> Jay

just catching up on some list reading, so apologies if its already been
covered.

you might wish to try qdvdauthor -- http://qdvdauthor.sf.net

its very close to first beta -- days away just now.  and varol is
working hard to get it ready.

there are a couple of tricks for FC that i would be glad to share if you
need help getting it going in the current CVS version.

john