MP3 playing stopped working

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Dec 10 08:32:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 23:09 +0000, pat at photoknow.com wrote:

> While the drink is certainly helping, I don't know where to go now.  Where should
> I look to find out more about this problem?

Hi.
My first suggestion is to use ogg if possible for Linux playback.
That being said - I use mp3 myself, I have a small collection commpared
to some - but I don't have room for 20 GB of mp3 for my iPod rotation
and 20 GB of ogg for Linux. So I too use mp3 for Linux.

I use the gstreamer plugins from rpm.livna.org
They work for me in Rhythmbox and AmoroK (I usually don't like KDE apps,
and I rarely use AmoroK - but it absolutely rocks)

I don't use any repositories other than Base, Updates, Extras, livna,
and (for java) jpackage. Those repositories work very well together -
and *rarely* is there breakage.