SSH

Guido Leisker lists.gl at guido-leisker.de
Sun Dec 11 18:02:04 UTC 2005

Andy Pieters wrote:
> Hi list
>
> We got this toshiba server and at first couldn't get it working.
>
> After removing the second drive (which is faulty), the server boots up.
>
> Now we can connect to it but there is a big problem!
>
> In the manual it says that there are three default accounts: root, telnetuser,
> and applianceadmin, all with password toshiba.
>
> I just tried all three of them and those are no longer the passwords!  The
> previous owner must have changed them.
>
> I realize this is a bit delicate, but does anyone know of a tool that can
> generate brute force passwords to try over ssh?
>
> Alternatively, what other options are there?  The harddrives are of a very
> tiny model and a ide cable doesn't fit on it.  The server is headless, and
> you can't connect a keyboard to it.
>

> With kind regards
>

> Andy

Using physical access, you can try key-combinations like CTRL-ALT-ENT,
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE ... to log in without passwort.
I had a simelar problem with a appliance. No password was acceted. And
no chance to use a floppy/Cd- drive. But typing CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE did a
log in.
May be the ventor assumes that physical access is not availible to
foreingns to such systems..

--
guido
Germany