question about ASUS motherboard [SOLVED]

François Patte francois.patte at
Mon Dec 12 16:47:40 UTC 2005

David Niemi a écrit :
> On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 08:53 +0100, François Patte wrote:
>>I'd like to know if the motherboard: ASUS P5WD2 Premium is supported by
>>FC4. I have a Intel pentium D 830 on it.
>>I tried to boot FC4, but:
>>1- I got only the "text" and no fedora logo
>>2- When I press "Enter", the kernel begins to load but the process stops
>>in a few seconds and I come back to the ASUS splash screen.
>>Thanks for any help (maybe quick: I have only a little time to change
> François:
> Try entering a little gibberish (like jdfjfhf) from the prompt and
> hitting enter.  You will get an error about kernel jdfjfhf not found.
> Then hit enter again and it may run.

It run!!!!!!  Who can explain this?

I could install (after understanding that my computer had a 64 bit
architecture... I was using the wrong distro. But the "jdfjfhf" trick
was necessary too.

Thanks a lot!

François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique