GAH! Kernel release 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4 caused me problems!

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 18:54:51 UTC 2005

On 12/14/05, Daniel B. Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:

> >I have everything installed in a single large partition.  Why is it,
> >that this was not a problem in the previous releases until now?

The "bootable" programs and kernels are simply too far away for the
bios to see them.  On a related note I have successfully moved and
rearranged partitions using this software:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/

I ran into a similar issue when I failed to make /boot /dev/hda1 (I
had WinXP there on a dual-boot dev system.)

The "BING" app from http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ allowed me to
correct that with live data.  I understand that parted is "supposed"
to be able to do the same thing -- but I had serious issues with
trying to get all the cylinder math calculations right =(

YMMV;
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting