amd .vs intel....

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 15 04:30:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 22:37 -0500, Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 7:27 PM -0600 12/14/05, Jeff Vian wrote:

> >> The best thing that could happen to Linux would be for Microsoft to stamp
> >> out piracy.
> >>

> >Why restrict that action to Microsoft? ...
>
> If Microsoft managed to eliminate piracy, the masses who presently steal
> Microsoft software would either have to purchase it or switch to something
> else "free", possibly OSS.
>

> >I think there are many more companies than Microsoft that lose to
> >piracy
>
> Microsoft gets about half the software dollars, and have the most
> widespread OS and Office software.
----
First of all, Microsoft benefits plenty from piracy of Microsoft
software...it helps increase market percentage and keeps people from
using other software. (note that I am not advocating piracy)

Second of all, a discussion of software piracy that centers on Microsoft
really does a disservice since in comparative numbers, they probably
suffer less than other companies.

Lastly, a discussion of Microsoft isn't topical to using Fedora Linux.
If you are hell bent to proselytize for Linux as the alternative to
Microsoft, this choir doesn't need preachers.

Craig