Printer duplexing

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Dec 15 14:29:54 UTC 2005

Hi;

It seems that I have two problems, or at least, a different problem.

My file, Keyboard_Research.txt, won't print at all in Gedit.  The file
is 2089 lines long.  Gedit has a duplex dialogue box that is supposed to
work for non-duplex printers according to Help.  The file does duplex
print using odd and even commands in OOoffice.

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 16:12 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I have a HP psc 1315 printer.  I want duplex print some long documents.
> > The printer doesn't have duplexing capabilities so I would like to print
> > first odd pages then re-print using even pages.  That should be simple
> > enough.  But how do I do it.
> >
> > Isn't there a script or something that I can download as an extra for
> > Fedora Core 4 that will do this for me?  I have found things like
> > 'duplex' at freshmeat.net but none in Fedora Extras or livina.
> >
> > Can someone recommend something?
> >
> > Regards Bill
> >
> Bill,
>     I use a HP PSC-2110 and in this url I can change to duplex printing
>
> " http://localhost:631/admin/?op=config-printer&printer_name=PSC-2110 "
>
> or start at " http://localhost:631/ " and see what your sys does.
>
>    david

I have printed shorter files with gedit before -- I think.  Obviously, I
don't use gedit often so I can't remember for sure.  But I have just
spent a couple of hours formating this file by hand in gedit, and would
like to print it there rather than import it into another program like
OOwrite which I know works.

Besides, I would like to find out what I or gedit are doing wrong.

Regards Bill