FC4 CF-based Router

Steven Ringwald asric at asric.com
Thu Dec 15 20:19:16 UTC 2005

Bob Chiodini wrote:

>Okay, I was concentrating on the bio too big device loop0 message.
>
>Maybe a bug in busybox or the kernel:
>
>http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:1I7Sw6-T9EIJ:bugs.busybox.net/view.php%3Fid%3D498%26nbn%3D6+%22bio+too+big+device+loop0%22+busybox&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&strip=1
>
>The above is the cached, text-only, google link, busybox.org seems to be
>down or extremely slow.
>
>Are you running a 2.4 or 2.6 kernel?

% uname -r
2.6.14-1.1644_FC4
% uname -p
x86_64

I went and downloaded a newer version of busybox, rebuilt it from
source, and installed it in my initrd. I also bit-the-bullet and got rid
of nash from that image. Seems to be behaving a little better. Now I get
as far as mountint the iso, and the pivot_root command seems to be
screwing up on me. My last line in my linuxrc file is msh, so that I can
have some interactivity.

mount shows:

/dev/hda2 on /dos type vfat (rw,noatime, )
/dev/loop0 on /sysroot type iso9660 (ro)
/proc on /sysroot/proc type proc (rw,nodiratime)

when I go:
busybox pivot_root /sysroot /sysroot/initrd

I get:

pivot_root: pivot_root: invalid argument

but I can at least SEE the image