OT: Gmail and reading this list

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 17:20:34 UTC 2005

Claude Jones wrote:
> I'm afraid you're over my head - I'll have to research all this. I've never
> used mutt or postfix, so I don't know anything about them. Thanks for the
> ideas - I'll do some homework.

Sorry: they were supposed to be examples, based on what I'm running.

You should be able to use any e-mail client, not just mutt.

Postfix isn't really relevant at all: I use the traditional "local MTA"
for various reasons. If your ISP has a reasonable smarthost (= "SMTP
server"), you could just send your list e-mail out through that.

The main point is that the way you send e-mails to the list (or
elsewhere) need not have anything much to do with the way you receive
them.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Never trust a species that grins all the time.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | It's up to something."