Is Redhat/Fedora Losing Interest in KDE?

Leonard Isham leonard.isham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 19:40:24 UTC 2005

On 12/16/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Leonard Isham wrote:
>
> > It gets really interesting when you follow the links and see exactly
> > what Linus said.
>
> Did you also read the follow-up, where the developer who made the
> decision stated categorically that Linus was wrong?
>
> I've always thought it to be a mistake to attribute motives to
> other people's actions. This is no different in Linus' case. He
> shouldn't be attributing motives to other peoples' actions.

I did not state that I agreed with Linus's language or conclusions.
Linus is well known at least in Open Source circles.

My opinion is not relevant , IMHO, and would not add any value.  On
the other hand reading the actual comments allows everyone to make up
their own mind.  Which is relevant, IMHO.

> And, as I said before, I don't understand the need to have
> strong feelings about what GUI one uses on his machine,
> nor do I see why Linus' thoughts on the matter are any
> more important or interesting than anyone else'.
>
> Mike
> --
> p="p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
> You have found the bank of Larn.
> I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
> I speak only for myself, and I am unanimous in that!
>
> --

Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.