dBase

Kent Schumacher kent at structural-wood.com
Sat Dec 17 00:25:17 UTC 2005

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have never had to use a *.dbf file in Fedora before today.  Can anyone
> advise me as to a database package that will allow me to open a dbf file
> on FC4?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Ennis

There are a variety of perl xbase (dbase) packages available - search
cpan.org for xbase.

Here is the description from the first hit:

This module can read and write XBase database files, known as dbf in
dBase and FoxPro world. It also reads memo fields from the dbt and fpt
files, if needed. An alpha code of reading index support for ndx, ntx,
mdx, idx and cdx is available for testing -- see the DBD::Index(3) man
page. Module XBase provides simple native interface to XBase files. For
DBI compliant database access, see the DBD::XBase and DBI modules and
their man pages.

It looked like there were 12 pages worth of packages...

Kent