LDAP + Cyrus IMAP + Postfix on FC4

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Dec 18 19:42:44 UTC 2005

Am So, den 18.12.2005 schrieb John Francis um 1:31:

> > I suspect you have the FDS already running and all required user data
> > put into it. Means, querying the FDS by hand does provide you the
> > requested data.
>
> Yes and no.  I do have user data in FDS but I'm not sure whether or
> not that data is sufficient for my purposes.  For example, how do I
> handle aliases, virtual domains, etc.

That is the work you have to do, and it is custom. Means you have to be
creative and setup a schema in your LDAP. The schema depends on your
needs and your specific environment.

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch3/index.html#schemas

> John Francis

Please read the Postfix documentation about LDAP lookups:

http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html

(That file is too located on your harddrive under
/usr/share/postfix*/README_FILES/)

Alexander

Serendipity 20:37:33 up 14 days, 1:14, load average: 0.10, 0.17, 0.18