Update of Fedora Core 2 to Fedora Core 4 ended abnormally :-(

alexander.beck-ratzka alexander.beck-ratzka at aei.mpg.de
Wed Dec 21 08:30:28 UTC 2005

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> alexander.beck-ratzka wrote:
>
> >>When the upgrade died, did you have the possibility of
> >>switching consoles with Alt-F1, Alt-F2, etc., and check
> >>for messages on the other consoles?
> >
> > No, all devices have been umounted automatically :-(
>
> Did you try to switch consoles with Alt-Fx?

I've just tried an update again, and on the 5th console I've found a message,
which might be a hint:

No volume groups found

On all other consoles there was no error message. The last message on another
console was:

setting file_context_path to /etc/selinux/targeted/context/files

However, I cannot find a directory selinux in /etc.

Alexander