problem of packet loss with e100 machine with fedora core 4

Eric Doutreleau Eric.Doutreleau at int-evry.fr
Wed Dec 21 15:11:13 UTC 2005

i have a lab with fedora core 4 machine with a network card
01:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82562EZ 10/100 Ethernet
Controller (rev 02)

and from time to time the network seems not working anymore.

after a few second the network goes up again.

The result is that i lose about 30% of packet.

when i boot windows on the same machine i have the same problem.

i boot different version of kernel of FC4 but with no luck. I have the
same behaviour.

here is the result of fping
157.159.15.229 : xmt/rcv/%loss = 81/55/32%, min/avg/max = 0.27/0.77/8.09

and all the machine of my labs have the same behaviour.
has anybody already seen that kind of problem?
it s a bit annoying as the network become really unusable.

thanks in advance for any help