new to Fedora Core 4

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri Dec 23 15:55:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:35:40 -0800 (PST)
Nathan Low <nlow04 at yahoo.com> opined:
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
>   I'm thinking about switching to Fedorea Core 4.  If I buy Windows Crossover
> Office Standard 5.0, should Norton Goback 5.0 and Norton Utilities 2002 be
> compatible with Fedora Core 4?  If I saved photos under Windows XP, can I
> copy and paste it from my cd to this operating system?  If I can't copy and
> paste photos from my cd that I saved under Windows XP and transfer it to this
> operating system, does this Fedora Core 4 come with a program that I can scan
> and save photos as well as edit?  Does Fedora Core 4 come with utility
> programs like a disk defragmentor, a spyware scanner, an anti virus program &
> firewall program, a program that's similar to System Mechanic if Fedora Core
> 4 if I can't install System Mechanic, and a media player that plays audio and
> video clips as well as playing dvds? Can this operating system configure my
> video card, my sbc dsl internet service, my speakers, my monitor, my hp 2100c
> scanner, and my hp 3322 color inkjet printer? Please respond.  Thanks. Nathan

None of this should be a concern at this point. Just make sure that you have a
Fat32 partition so that you can easily share files between linux and Win.

Start here:
http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Linux_Installation_Notes

--
Our DNSRBL -