Kernel Errors

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 20:27:27 UTC 2005

On 12/23/05, Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at pomec.net> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> One of my FC4 systems is reporting some Kernel Errors in the log files
> generated by logwatch reporting, and I do not have the capacity to
> understand what is happening.... yet!
>
> Here are the Errors:
>
> Could any of you point me in the right direction?

hdd appears to be giving up the ghost and should be replaced at your
earliest convenience.  I can't say what's wrong with hdc.  From
looking at your post, I see it's an optical drive anyway.  It could be
going bad, but it could be experiencing errors due to garbage that hdd
is generating.

Then again, since both hdc and hdd are on the same physical
controller, perhaps that's what's going bad.  Any other symptoms your
machine is experiencing?

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."