Revised Fedora Core website - Where are the links?

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 22:05:38 UTC 2005

On 12/23/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> >If the links have been removed how does one get informed about the
> >list or membership?
> >
> How do you want to be informed?

Somewhere on the http://fedora.redhat.com home page should be placed a
notice of the transition to FedoraProject.org. (A link would be a nice
touch.) If visitors to the old site cannot find what they're searching
for they can go to the new site.  No need to google.

> > The public discussion is only available to
> >members of the list.
> >
> No its a public archive.  Its listed in
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate. Google knows about it.

There's no need for me to Google about it. You just informed me.

> > That in my opinion pretty much closes off public
> >access.
> >

> Again its a open list. Anyone can subscribe and post there.

I may not have expressed myself very clearly.  The main Fedora Core
home page has been and currently is http://fedora.redhat.com. Just do
a Google search for "Fedora Core".  My comment about the change being
stealthy is that the site has been significantly altered. There is
nothing on the main page or in either "News" or "About" regarding the
change to the site. Only people who know about the change are those of
the fedora-website-list which is a back channel communications link,
much like this list. I agree, the archives are public, but it is not
highly visible. What query string would you use in Google to find this
particular discussion? The change is clumsy because a simple notice
and link would have handled the mysterious loss of content.