Sendmail forwarding/redirects question

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Dec 23 23:05:19 UTC 2005

Email message sent to office system: FC4

# vi /etc/aliases, added at bottom of file
dant:<tab>dant at myHome.com

# newaliases     (this updates the database) and maillog shows it updated

#/usr/sbin/sendmail -v dant at myOffice.com
blah, blah
^D
(shows that the sendmail connected to the office system and
 was depositied into the office system's user account so the
 message was not forwarded to the home system)

I restarted sendmail and sent another message - same result.

Then I tried the virtusertable...

# cd /etc/mail
# vi /etc/mail/virtusertable
dant<tab>dant at myhome.com
# make
# /etc/init.d/sendmail restart

Sent email to dant at myOffice same way as before - same results,
that the message was depositied at the office server and not
forwarded or sent to the home system.

Anything else?