need help (reclaiming disk space from Fedora for XP)

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 03:16:05 UTC 2005

On 12/23/05, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
> Manoj Reddy Palle wrote:
>
> > hi
> >
> > i need urgent help. i got 28GB(divided into two drives) dedicated to
> > windows XP and 10GB to fedora core linux. the problem is i want to
> > remove fedora core linux. but i am unable to do it. i tried everyway
> > to remove it. but i am unable to do it. i want to add that 10GB to my
> > windows XP(i have some important info. to be dumped into XP). please
> > reply me how to format linux from my system and add it to my windows
> > XP. its very urgent
> >
> > thanks & regards
> > Manoj Reddy.Palle

> > <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=37474/*http://promo.yahoo.com/broadband/%20>
>
> You could toggle the partition type to a type that windows recognizes,
> like type c using fdisk in Linux. There is also tools very well hidden
> in XP which can reclaim the partitions and format them from the XP
> utility. I cannot recall the name for the XP disk management utility. I
> had to use it a few times, but not enough to recall the location. I have
> no XP to look for it either.
>
> I hope this gives you some clues to what you would have to do in either
> linux or XP.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Time sure flies when you don't know what you're doing.

Get out your XP installation CD and run restore from it to remove
GRUB. To recover the linux and swap partitions use the administrative
tools in Control Panel to delete the partitions. A restart may be
required after you have deleted the partition before you can use the
administrative tools to reformat them as either NTFS or FAT32.