fedora 4 + apache + forbidden

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 25 10:29:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-25 at 09:29 +0000, Raul wrote:

> I also thought it could be related to SELinux, as this was the case
> with Samba, but am not too familiar with SELinux, but however it all
> seems to me to be the same at least at first glance. If I do a ls -Z
> -d on the html folder I get:
>
> [root at azul html]# ls -Z -d *
> drwxr-sr-t  sanchez  sanchez  root:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t adds

Mine are almost the same, I have "user_u" where you have "root" in the
SELinux contexts.

A few of my files have "system_u" there, instead; I think that's when
I've moved a few files around as root, then chowned them.

> Well I guess am gonna have to read much more about SELinux, thanks again.

If you're using the Gnome GUI, there's options for changing your SELinux
in the "Security Level" program found in the "System Settings" menu.
There are various things directly related to web serving in there, just
enable/disable what you think you need to, don't open up more holes than
necessary.

I read messages from the public lists.