OT: RealRhapsody now supports FC4 and Firefox.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 13:22:44 UTC 2005

On 12/24/05, Christofer C. Bell <christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/24/05, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, that would be great, but:
> > "U.S. Only
> > We're sorry. We have detected that you are outside of the United
> > States. This service is currently only available to residents within
> > the United States."
> >
> > They did all that hard work to support my operating system and browser
> > of choice, just to filter me based upon where I live?!? I have to
> > spoof an IP address now to use the service? I'll just stick with
> > iTunes on wine, thank you.
> >
> > idiots
>
> Please direct your complaints here: http://www.riaa.com/default.asp
> This isn't Real's fault, it's the fault of the "Recording Industry
> Association of America."
>
> --
> Chris
>
> "I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
> trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."

I know that this is OT so I'll be brief. I see all the Anti-Piracy and
all the references to "online music thieves", however, the RIAA is a
voluntary organization. All the DRM crap that makes CD play on Windows
and not on Linux (and installs rootkits on those winboxes, for those
who don't know) is put there voluntarily by the distributors.

In any case, I have money and I want to trade it for music. They are
not willing. However, e/a/x-mule is willing to give me all the music I
want, for free. What can I do? If they want to fight piracy, then make
the music available LEGALLY!

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/why_are_internet_greeting_cards_dangerous.html