xmms from terminal ( no error ) vs xmms from GUI ( error )

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 24 18:43:41 UTC 2005

Hi,
I installed xmms-mp3 from livna repo. Before doing so I uninstalled
any previous installation with yum remove xmms. The problem that I'm
having now is that when I launch xmms from the terminal in KDE I can
play mp3 files. However, when I click on an icon that points to the
application then I get an error saying "Couldn't open audio" and
bellow it also says "Please check that: Your soundcard is configured
properly, You have the correct output selected, No other program is
blocking the soundcard"
What is going on here?
Thanks,
EJ