How to setup display from text mode -- SOLVED
fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Mon Dec 26 07:58:23 UTC 2005
On Monday 26 December 2005 02:26 pm, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a FC4 box that fails to display properly. The cause is that,
> previously I used it with a CRT Monitor, then I changed the monitor to LCD.
> Now, the screen is garbled. What command can I use to fix the problem? I
> tried system-config-display, but it runs in init5, so I cannot read the
> menu since the screen is garbled too.
I'm not sure if it's the right steps, but it solves the problem:
1. rename /etc/X11/xorg.conf to something else.
2. try startx, it tries to detect the vga and screen again. error with "failed
to initialized core device".
3. rename the conf file back to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
4. startx, error with "no driver found"
5. edit the file xorg.conf, find that in the driver section it's empty with
6. so, I fill it with i810. and all is well again.
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | Linux tutorial
14:58:19 up 12 min, 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4 GNU/Linux
Let's use OpenOffice. http://www.openoffice.org
More information about the users