status of Palm Sync

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 18:13:32 UTC 2005

>use
>"completely
>addressed
> > >[snip]

>G.
>pilot-*

> > [snip]
>by
> > >
> > >This worked!  It was weird... udev seemed to be creating the nodes
> > >(although it took a little while), but when I statically create the
>device
> > >entries, pilot-xfer is much happier.  So far, all I've done is back up,
>but
> > >that's finally working.  :)  Now I'll try more complicated things like
> > >evolution sync.
> >
> > I've had little luck with evolution.  It seems to crash a little bit
>more
> > often on startup since I've updated the pilot rpms... I don't know if
>that's
> > just a coincidence or not.  Evolution has always crashed 2x per day for
>me.
> > One error I got was:
> >
> > GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 160 (): error 'Device or
> > resource busy' during 'pthread_mutex_destroy ((pthread_mutex_t *)
>mutex)'
> > aborting...
> > Multiple segmentation faults occurred; can't display error dialog
> >

> > I managed to sync one contact.  When I tried to sync my calendar, it
>started
> > to do something and then I got a message on my Treo saying "The
>connecttion
> > between your handheld computer and the desktop was lost.  Some of your
>data
> > was NOT backed up. gnome-pilot v.2.0.13."
> >
> > Then a minute later on my computer: The application
> > "evolution-exchange-storage" has quit unexpectedly.  When I select
>"Inorm
> > Devolopers" and select evolution, it says "This application has bug
> > information, but Bug Buddy doesn't know about it.  Please choose another
> > application."
> >
> > Then I get a message saying "Evolution tasks have quit unexpectedly"...
>then
> > "evolution calendar has crashed unexpectedly".
> >
> > The installed RPMs for evolution have newer version numbers than the
>ones on
> > the http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/pub/people/mark_adams/ site, so I didn't
> > install them... should I install them even though their version is
>older?
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> >                              David
>
>My RPM versions (if it helps.)
>[gilboa at gilboa-home-dev build]$ rpm -qa | egrep 'pilot|evo' | sort
>evolution-2.2.3-2.fc4
>evolution-data-server-1.2.3-3.fc4
>gnome-pilot-2.0.13-4
>gnome-pilot-conduits-2.0.13-2
>jpilot-0.99.8-0.pre10.fc4.1
>pilot-link-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2
>pilot-link-devel-0.12.0-0.pre4.0.fc4.2
>
>Gilboa
I have all of the same ones... additionally, I have:

evolution-connector-2.2.2-5
evolution-data-server-devel-1.2.3-3.fc4
evolution-devel-2.2.3-2.fc4
evolution-webcal-2.2.0-1
gnome-pilot-conduits-debuginfo-2.0.13-2
gnome-pilot-debuginfo-2.0.13-4
gnome-pilot-devel-2.0.13-4

I've managed to sync one calendar event to my local calendar... before I was
trying to sync to my exchange calendar.  I don't know if the problem was due
to an interaction between sync and the evolution-connector or a much larger
number of events, but it seems happier with a few local events.

Thanks again...

                                      David