Fedora community (Was: Revised Fedora Core website - Where are the links?)

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 28 00:15:29 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Alert: Australian vernacular follows.

> Hi
>
>> Somewhere on the http://fedora.redhat.com home page should be placed a
>> notice of the transition to FedoraProject.org. (A link would be a nice
>> touch.) If visitors to the old site cannot find what they're searching
>> for they can go to the new site.  No need to google.
>>

> We havent made the decision yet.

Bullshit.

Making changes means a decision has been made.

Changing a website is _always_ problematic and will upset users with
broken links, content they can't find and so on.

Actually deleting content with no replacement is plain barking stupidity.

As for the list archives, I can't actually check what access is
available right now, but "club members only" is a fair description of
any list where someone has to spend time and effort to subscribe and
then unsubscribe. It's more than I will do to ask a simple question.

It's pretty certain that by sending email to this list I expose my email
address to spammers, even before my missive is archived, so for me the
time I spend to ask a question might extend to getting a new email
address for the occasion.

--

Cheers
John