Revised Fedora Core website - Where are the links?

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Dec 28 02:00:19 UTC 2005

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 December 2005 19:18, John Summerfied wrote:
> >William Hooper wrote:

> >> The creation of the list was announced on the fedora-marketing
> >> list:
> >> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2005-November
> >>/msg00006.html
> >
> >Great. How many current and prospective Fedora fans does that reach?
>
> An educated guess, based on 71 years of observing, would be maybe
> 0.00003% of zip.  Get real, if you want folks to know about something,
> then by damn post it to the list thats got the circulation, not to
> some list where the main point is to invent a new buzzword_du_jour.
> Geez, the marketing numbskulls we have to put up with, boggles the
> mind...

If you two are going to troll, do it elsewhere.

We aren't out to create a list that every user on the planet is meant to
sign up for and use.  It, like most of the other Fedora lists, is
primarily for relevant developer discussion.  People who are motivated
enough to provide feedback can find the list the same way as all of the
other lists are found, and signing up for the list is not a big
request.  If it were, so many people wouldn't already to it.  As far as
notifying users of the changes, yes, we needed to do more, and we've
taken further steps now.  Some of the people who maintain the sites,
such as myself, do watch for user feedback on this list and in other
places.  It isn't hard to reach us.

As far as bashing the Marketing team, that is completely unwarranted.
It is a small team of volunteers who are chasing developments to get
things done.  If you think you can make a positive contribution, you're
welcome to join.  If you think that the efforts of our team members are
unsatisfactory, I'm sorry you feel that way, but being insulting and
doing nothing isn't going to accomplish anything.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/