Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've alreadyRTFM, tell me the answer!"

Jeremy Thompson jeremy.a.thompson+fedoralist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 17:42:18 UTC 2005

On 12/29/05, Neil Cherry <ncherry at comcast.net> wrote:

> jdow wrote:
> > From: "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

> in
> >>
> >> Remember that input devices were mechanical 300 baud tty's (printer,
> >> keyboard, no video CRT) in those days.  Typing was not fun; making
> >> corrections even less so.
>
> Only the newer teletypes run at 300. ;-) I worked with some
> that used current loop and slower speeds 28.8, 38.4, 110 baud.
> Let's not paper tape for storage.
>
> --

Not to make anyone feel bad but the only teletypes I remember were the ones
my Dad worked on when he was on ship in the Navy!

However, I acutally came on to say thanks for the google search tip.  That
has already helped me out a ton in 2 hours.

Usually when I come on for help I am looking for pointers, cause I want to
find out and fix on my own - I just have no idea where to go.  Googling
usually doesn't help either.

Thanks.

JT