Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Dec 30 00:20:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 07:42 +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
> jdow wrote:
>

> > Craig, this is an 'ix'-like operating system. Users are expected to
> > abbreviate commands into oblivion, ls for list and ps for process status
> > come to mind. I concluded long LONG ago it was because people could not
> > type. (Hey, I sympathized with that concept, too!)
> >
> > Your way is a LOT more typing than mine.
> >
> > {^_-}    <- winking and being silly.
> >
> and only references one archive.
----
yes but it was this specific archive that one wanted to search or more
specifically, one particular person felt that Red Hat was deficient
because they didn't provide much of a search interface for searching the
archives of a specific list.

My point was that it was unnecessary, if you know how to use google, you
can easily search one specific archive.

Craig