Disk defragmenter in Linux

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 01:53:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 19:37, John Summerfied wrote:

> > I'm talking about things that depend on updated/modified versions
> > of stock libraries or other tools like you find in some third-party
> > repositories.
> >

> If they're well designed, they should just fit in along with official
> packages and in every respect be suitable replacements for them.

That would mean there would be a simple piecemeal upgrade path
from any version of a distribution to any other.  That doesn't
seem to be the case and it's even less likely when the reason
you are installing a different version is to get features not
included in the stock distribution.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com