Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 03:03:52 UTC 2005

On 12/29/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> >>I am not advocating the taking down of these sites. I have no
> >>financial interest and nothing to gain by doing so. Red Hat does.
> >>Changing the domain names of unofficial sites will become or is an
> >>issue since the marketing types have embarked upon a fedora*.org
> >>naming scheme.
> >>

> What are you advocating to resolve that?.

Here are two of many possible options:

1. The Fedora Core legel beagle should respectfully ask each of the
unofficial sites to desist from using fedora*.org naming scheme.

2. Do not use the fedora*.org naming scheme and creating a new domain
for every function/topic that comes along. Use one domain name as the
parent. If FedoraProject.org is the parent then all child sites should
be subdomains.  You might have something like forums.fedoraproject.org
or faq.fedoraproject.org.

If you folks go with creating a new domain for each new function
you're going to have to use option 1.