Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM , tell me the answer!"

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Fri Dec 30 16:10:50 UTC 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 05:21, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Paragraph after paragraph of explanation of this option and that
> option in a quite verbose manner, and not a single actual example
> of a command line, and the results it should return.

Have you looked at your documentation folder for bash?  You should
have a file:

/usr/share/doc/bash-3.0/bashref.html

which is the bash reference manual which may help.

Also the bash home page is:

http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/bash/bashtop.html

where you can find the FAQ and links to the bash mailing list etc.

Regards, Mike Klinke