Lazy gnome panel

Parameshwara Bhat peebhat at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 00:55:31 UTC 2005

Dear list,

I observe gnome panel has become a littel unresponsive since the last
update(2.8 to 2.10 - I do not remember when)

After initial login and after a delay in use, gnome panel menus take a few
clicks before responding. I hoped it would go in upgrade.I observed the
same behaviour in gnome 2.12 on suse10.But when I tried Ubuntu live cd
using gnome 2.12, panel was felt as responsive as ever.It appears,it is
something in the FC ( Suse ) core that causes this.

Anybody else has observed this?

I am running FC4 with all the latest Updates applied on a piii
machine.Otherwise my system is stable and fine.

Parameshwara Bhat