Ripping a CD to MP3

gary garys at mtaonline.net
Sat Dec 31 02:22:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 18:41 -0600, Steven Stern wrote:
> gary wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 18:06 -0600, Steven Stern wrote:
> >
> >>I've installed gstreamer-plugins-mp3. I've followed the instructions
> >>from FedoraFAQ but I have two problems with Sound Juicer:
> >>
> >>1.  The MP3 settings don't appear in its preferences
> >>2.  It doesn't get any info about the CD. (CD Player, however, gets the
> >>title and all track names.)
> >>
> >>I'm without a clue right now.
> >>

> >   sound-juicer> help> contents
> >       --gary
> >

> Been there. Done that. Got the T shirt. Doesn't work.
>
> Googled, too.

 I've setup mp3 ripping before by using gnome-audio-profiles-properties
 on a different fc4 hardrive. So just now I downloaded
gstreamer-plugins-mp3 and tried to setup mp3 on sound-juicer.MP3 never
becomes an option when opening sound-juicer> preferences. I'd say
sound-juicer is broken again (still). Audacity works good though you'll
probably want to do one track at a time. --gary