Access Old Home Directory

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 31 14:50:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

I recently upgraded my desktop system with a much larger hard drive. The
old hard drive  is now in an external hard drive enclosure (the kind
made by Metal Gear Box) and is plugged in to a USB port. The old drive
has these partitions

Microsoft Windows XP -- 30 Gb
Fedora Core 4 -- 30 Gb

My problem is, I can see the /boot partition on the drive, but I cannot
see the / (root) partition, and I'm want to get at my former home
directory because I have some files there I forgot to back up. I'm
wondering if that partition was named something like:
'/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00' and mounted on /.

Thanks for any help!

Bob Cochran